Here are some answers to the most frequently asked questions about our Collector Car Insurance. Question not answered here? Don't hesitate to give us a call at (248) 647-2500.

Q: Does my vehicle qualify for Collector Car insurance?
We can provide insurance for many different types of collector vehicles. This list includes antique and classic cars, trucks and motorcycles, muscle cars, customs, street rods, replicas, antique fire trucks, amphicars, military jeeps and even antique tractors! In addition to our collector vehicle program, we also have an insurance program available for most types of collectibles like automobilia, coins, stamps, playing cards, trains, figurines, and much more.
Q: Do I qualify as a driver for Collector Car insurance?
You must have a minimum of 5 years of licensed driving experience to qualify. Additionally, a good driving record is essential. If you have no more that one moving violations or at-fault accidents within the last 3 years, you qualify.
Q: What is "Agreed Value Coverage"?
In the event of total loss, most standard auto policies will pay either Actual Cash Value (replacement cost minus depreciation) or Stated Value (the insurer is obliged to pay “up to” the amount stated on the policy). An Agreed Value policy, on the other hand, pays the full insured vehicle value in the event of total loss (minus any applicable deductible), with no depreciation.  Think of Agreed Value insurance as the best way to fully protect your investment.
Q: How many miles per year can I drive my Collector Car?
We have flexible mileage tiers and usage options available.  Most collectors opt for the 2,500 mile tier, but we also offer a 5,000 option, and our “Freedom Tier” plan in most states which allows for up to 7,500 miles annually.  For further information and to select the plan that best suits your needs, please contact us.
Q: My Collector Car is undergoing restoration - can it still be covered?
​Oakland Insurance can provide comprehensive coverage for vehicles that are in various stages of restoration, as long as all of the parts are in the owner’s care, custody and control (and not scattered about at various vendor shops). We provide “Agreed Value” coverage, meaning that the full insured value of your vehicle (less any applicable deductible) is paid in the event of total loss. Comprehensive coverage (sometimes defined as “other than collision”) covers loss or damage to your vehicle resulting from fire, theft, vandalism, windstorm, glass breakage, etc. Once the restoration is complete and you are ready to drive your collector vehicle, you should contact us to add liability, medical, uninsured motorist coverage and collision to your policy.
Q: My Collector Car is not attended - is it still covered?
Yes-The truth of the matter is that there is no clause in our policy that excludes coverage if the vehicle is left unattended.
Q: What is the agreed value of my Collector Car?
​The agreed value of your classic car can be approximated by consulting various sources including vehicle appraisals, the duPont Registry™ClassicCars and Buy Classic Cars.
Q: How do I make a claim?
You can give us a call at (248) 647-2500 or visit our online claim filing. We will work quickly and fairly to resolve your claim.

Request a Quote

Please enter the word you see in the image below: